Located in the Rebouças District, near downtown Curitiba.
Recently, city policies have been implemented to encourage start-ups and other innovative companies to grow in the area. This project offers students the opportunity to consider how to continue these efforts and transform the area into an Innovation Hub.
Approximate Site Area
- 57 hectares
- The area has a population of around 1,200 inhabitants.
- Most of the businesses located in the area belong to the service sector (34%).
Priorities for redevelopment
The City would like to develop the area into an Innovation Hub, integrating its rich heritage with new uses, following a sustainable urban model. In their projects, teams are encouraged to develop a plan for the area that will:
Transform the site into a sustainable and accessible innovation hub;
Prioritise sustainable & active mobility (boosting cycling and pedestrian networks, sidewalks & electric vehicles);
Encourage the creation of start-ups & co-working spaces;
Create green jobs and income for the city;
Develop infrastructure resilient to the impacts of flooding, drought and urban heat common in the area;
Incorporate low-emission practices & green energy (to align with the City’s goal to become net-zero by 2050)
I'm interested! What next?
- Take a look at the Site Form and access the Dataroom to learn more about the site. Both are available under the 'Documentation' tab on this page.
- Form your team. Feel free to fill out the Team Up Form to connect with new teammates and bring more diversity & expertise to your team.
- Register your team by clicking the button at the top of the page.
Download specific documents for this site
Keep me posted!
If you have a question or would like more details on the site and the Students Reinventing Cities competition, please use the form below. You will receive a response via email.