Located in the Jianghan District, in central Wuhan.
The project area is centred around Northwest Lake, and its borders extend to Changjiang Ribao Road in the east, Qingnian Road in the west, Jianshe Avenue in the south, and Beihu West Road in the north. The total area is 1.837 square kilometres, with a permanent population of 24,000.
Beihu Street is located within "Wuhan Financial District", home to 500 global companies, with a combined workforce of 11,000. The area is rich in cultural tourism, education, medical and nursing resources, and has beautiful natural scenery, developed transportation, convenient living facilities, and a complete neighbourhood layout.
In recent years, the street has undergone a green and low-carbon transformation, affecting the community, residents and commerce. Through this competition, the city would like to receive strategies based on the recent transformation, focusing on green spaces and climate resilience, connected places and sustainable living. The recommended measures should help Beihu Street achieve its goal of a “near-zero carbon" neighbourhood.
- 183.7 hectares.
- The selected area includes 13 commercial buildings, 1,460 enterprises and 1 commercial block.
- 3 subways pass through the street, and more than 20 bus lines extend in all directions.
- The density of public transportation ranks among the highest in Wuhan.
Priority areas and key expectations:
The competition strategies should focus on the following themes:
- Green spaces and climate resilience: continue to increase the neighbourhood’s blue and green spaces, preserve biodiversity, increase climate resilience, and achieve harmonious coexistence between man and nature.
- Connected places: strengthen physical and digital connections between various parts of the area, improve digital infrastructure, and social and economic connections throughout the jurisdiction.
- Sustainable production and living: introduce new technologies and business models to explore green production methods. Use various schemes to guide residents to reduce carbon emissions and recycle resources in their daily lives.
I'm interested! What next?
- Take a look at the Site Form and access the Dataroom (via Baidu) to learn more about the site.
- Form your team. Feel free to fill out the Team Up Form to connect with new teammates and bring more diversity & expertise to your team.
- Register your team by clicking the button at the top of the page.
Keep me posted!
If you have a question or would like more details on the site and the Students Reinventing Cities competition, please use the form below. You will receive a response via email.